Well while your doggo would need to eat a large number of pine needs before they show any signs of toxicity. There are greater issues that your real Christmas Tree may cause. The greatest danger posed actually comes from the container that your Christmas tree stands in. This is because it normally stands in some sort of water. The water may grow different types of bacteria or even mold.
And of course worse still, when the plant was grown or was even sitting at the retailers it was probably sprayed with chemicals to make it look better for longer. Those chemicals of cause will end up in the water which your doggo may drink. If you notice signs of vomiting, gastro or even lethargy contact your Vet immediately.
And of course their are the needles themselves. They can be hazardous by lodging in your dogs’ mouths, paws and skin. The needles can get trapped and cause serious discomfort and even pain. Signs that your dog is having a reaction to the needles may include, tenderness when walking or sitting, swelling and rashes.
To avoid these issues take great care to sweep near the tree regularly or gate off the Christmas tree so your dog can't get near it.
And of course if your poor dog already has a skin rash as a result of exposure then Itchy Bark from the Coco Kaboo is our all natural treatment product that will help elevate this quickly and without any nasty chemicals. Just $27.95 plus postage.